The Village of Gagetown is the person to contact for nuisance animals (raccoons, foxes, etc.) or for the control of dogs. You may call the Municipal Office at 488-3567.
The Village of Gagetown has a By-Law respecting the Control of Dogs. Please see By-Law No. 33 for complete information. Here are a few highlights:
- All dogs in the Village of Gagetown must be vaccinated against rabies.
- Dog Licenses are issued yearly by the Village Clerk.
- All new dogs shall be registered by the owner within 60 days of the owner acquiring the dog and 60 days of the dog entering the Village.
- Dog Licenses are $10.00 if purchased before January 31st of the current year or for a new dog or new resident to the Village. After January 31st of the current year, dog licenses are $20.00.
- No dogs are permitted to run at large.
- Please make sure you clean up after your dog!
Dog Licenses (tags) may be purchased at the Municipal Office during office hours. You may also mail your request with a cheque in the amount indicated above to the Municipal Office indicating your full name, mailing address and phone number, the breed, sex, and name of dog/dogs and your tags will be mailed to you.
If you have any questions, please contact the Municipal Office.